Thursday, March 31, 2011

Whole30 Day 17 - Dinner

Almond crusted garlic chicken

I adapted this recipe to fit into Whole30 guidelines.

Ingredients

2 teaspoons crushed garlic (I used jarred chopped garlic because it's what I had)
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup almond crumbs (I took a handful of raw almonds and put them into the food processor until fine like bread crumbs. 1/4 cup was not enough and I ended up making more.)
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
Directions

Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
Warm the garlic and olive oil to blend the flavors. In a separate dish place the almond crumbs.. Dip the chicken breasts in the olive oil and garlic mixture, then into the almond crumbs. Place in a shallow baking dish.
Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, until no longer pink and juices run clear.

This was pretty good! Next time I will process the almonds a little more and at some point I will try cashews too. You can taste the nuts, so don't try this if you don't like nuts!

The carrots I steamed and then sauteed in balsamic vinegar, broccoli is frozen steamed broccoli.

No comments:

Post a Comment