Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Whole30 Day 15 - Dinner



Grass-fed steaks (salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and avocado oil)
Frozen steamed green beans
Brussel sprouts roasted in olive oil, salt and pepper

It's just been one of those days that makes me want to throw in the towel. Trying to cook meals, even simple meals, with 3 kids ganging up on you is stressful. My oldest usually runs off the second his homework s done to play with friends. Now that it is nice out my 5 year old is out playing too, which is fine except when I hear him bawling his eyes out in the driveway because he didn't get his way and his friends won't play with him anymore. Brennan is teething and being generally irritating trying to pull things off the counter, climb the stove while I am cooking (and of course the 2 large eyes on the stove top are at the front of the range, not the back).

I am running low on food (and money) so I can't wait for Thursday to get here so I can go to the store.

I am still trying to figure out where to fit in exercise. Just taking Brennan for a 30-45 minute walk isn't doing much, and he doesn't seem to enjoy them much after about 25 minutes. he takes one 2 hour nap during the day and goes to bed at 8pm (I go to bed around 9-9:30). Yes, that leaves me with 3-3.5 ample hours to exercise. But during those times are also the only times I can do dishes, laundry, shower or have 'down time'. I keep telling myself I will do it after he goes to bed, then I am worn out from the day and never do it. I suppose I could get up at 5am instead of 6am.. I don't know. It's hard doing the single parent thing and trying to figure all this out.

No comments:

Post a Comment