Saturday, March 19, 2011

Whole30 Day 5 - Dinner

Everyone I have talked to said day 5 is the hardest, but to me it doesn't feel any different than any other day. Maybe my preparation helped me? I don't know. But I do know I am not having any INTENSE cravings. I am having cravings, but nothing bad. I am still having panic attack type episodes, so I wonder if that is my body's way of expressing intense cravings? I have no clue.

Dinner tonight is-

Sauted orange chicken with ginger.

Ingredients
4 chicken breasts cut into chunks
pepper
2 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup orange juice (I used simply orange)
2 navel oranges, peeled and sectioned (I used clementines)
1 1/2 Tbsp ginger (I used fresh chopped ginger)
1 tsp dried basil
4 tsp lemon or lime juice (I used fresh squeezed lemon juice.)

Instructions
Season chicken with pepper.
In a large fry pan, heat oil over medium heat.
Add chicken and cook, turning, until brown all over, about 10 minutes.
Add garlic and cook for one minute.
Pour orange juice over chicken. Add orange sections, ginger, lemon/lime juice, and basil. Stir well.
Cover and simmer for about 30 minutes, until chicken is tender.


I had to add this photo because it's in one of my mom's old dishes that I love.




I added a baked sweet potato with cinnamon and some broccoli/carrot/cauliflower mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment