Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Gut rot.

The hardest part of this so far is eating the food in my house. I tried to go through my freezer and take out all the OK food to put in the big freezer, thinking there would be a lot. My fridge/freezer was FULL of food. Guess what I was able to take out? I Tilapia fillet and a bag of chicken. That's it. All the veggies had corn or sauce, the rest just wasn't good food. Waffles, pancakes, muffins, microwave meals, ice cream. All junk.

My pantry is full too.

I have told the kids I am not shopping again until Monday and what was in the house was it and come Monday everything left was going in the trash. They were kind of shocked, but actually seem OK with it.

So we are eating down all the crap so there is less to throw away. This isn't as much fun as it sounds. I go to bed every night with a terrible stomach ache. I wake up in the morning not hungry because I feel so terrible inside.

I told them over dinner that our food was changing next week. We were going to be eating more healthy foods like fish. Kyler was particularly happy about this and is anxious to try new fish like Salmon. Jackson was excited about all the coconut, because he says he likes it a lot. Brennan... well, we'll see how he does. I had been considering changing him over to a non-sows milk anyway because he drinks less and less of the whole milk, I don't think he likes it. So I will try Almond milk or something like that and see if he likes that. he doesn't care much for most meats or eggs, but he does love fruits and veggies. Hopefully I can get him to eat some fish, which he hasn't had before (other than fish sticks).

I have made the decision I am just going to skip going to the other two stores down here (Nature's Own and Lowes) and just take a cooler up to Raleigh on Monday to Earth Fare and Whole Foods. I was able to find Lowes circular online and they don't have anything I want. it's just a grocery store, nothing special.

I'll spend the rest of the day doing more research, reading blogs and prepping my menu and grocery list.

No comments:

Post a Comment