I am eating dinner a bit later than usual. I wasn't really hungry earlier and to be honest I am not very hungry right now but I know I gotta eat something or I will wake hungry during the night. I was pretty much cooking just for myself tonight, so I decided to try a little something different.
frozen tilapia (thawed)
raw unsulfured shredded coconut
2 large eggs
1. Season the fish fillet with salt and pepper for about 15 minutes or more
2. Beat the egg with some coconut milk (amount is up to you- just not too much that it’ll dilute the egg)
3. Prepare the shredded coconut flakes on a separate shallow dish
4. Heat up the skillet with Extra Virgin Coconut Oil in medium heat
5. Dip the fish fillet in the egg mixture, then coat with the shredded coconut flakes
6. Fry until brown – on each side
I added steamed fresh baby carrots to complete my meal.
Oh. My. Wow. This is sooo good! And what amazes me about using coconut products is, it doesn't TASTE like the coconut you are used to. it doesn't have that super sweet artificial coconut taste. I could totally see using this method on chicken as well. it was really good and I hope it reheats well as leftovers.
Day 4 is over and to be honest, I thought this would be harder. I guess we'll see how I feel about tomorrow, everyone says day 5 is the hardest. I think what has helped me is that I have just adapted my mindset to this is how I am eating now and there is no room for negotiation. I do get cravings, but I have little desire to cheat because I know this is how I want to live and cheating will only set me back.