Well, chocolate is definitely off the menu from here on out. I decided to treat myself to the chocolate bar I bought and mentioned earlier today. While I did not feel sick or gross while eating the chocolate, the after effects are not to my liking. The chocolate bar was delicious and slightly fruity. But the sugar now has me shaking and feeling jittery and I just really have never liked this feeling. If all sugar is going to make me feel this way (with the exception of fresh fruit) I have no problem avoiding it completely for the rest of my life. I just can't go back to feeling like crap and feeling shaky and tired and jittery over a few ounces of chocolate is not worth it in my book.
It's too bad because I do love chocolate, but I realize the longer I eat this way that I don't love it as much as I thought I did. I think I was addicted to the sguar and additives, because now it doesn't taste the same. Sure it's good, but just... too much.
So I am done with it. I might consider trying some Paleo friendly treats when this is over using natural sweeteners or something but at this point I don't even know if I will do that. I am just kind of done, over it.