Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Whole30 Day 1 - Dinner

I want nothing more right now than to throw in the towel and order a pizza. I have a migraine, I feel sick to my stomach and I can taste my lunch in my throat. Nothing sounds good right now. I feel terrible. But I am making dinner anyway. I don't know if I will eat any of it or not though.

So dinner was Bilinski's Spinach & Garlic chicken sausage and it was Ah-MAze-EEENG! (Ingredients: Skinless chicken, spinach, water, garlic, sea salt, fennel seed, and black pepper. THAT'S IT!!)


Despite feeling like crap, I ate 1 1/2 chicken sausages and some green beans plus some cantaloupe from last night and my headache is slowly going away.

So day one is over. I doubt I will eat anything else today but if I do.. I am not sure what it will be. I am pretty sure I did not eat enough food today. Not listed in today's food consumption are 1 larabar (ginger snap), 1 (single) macadamia nut, 1 grape, 1 sip of coconut water, 3 blueberries, 1 bite of gross zucchini pancake, 1 cup of decaff green tea (Which I just realized is full of a bunch of stuff I am not supposed to be having, FARK!) and many glasses of water. Oh, and one clementine. Oh yea, and some black olives. I am pretty sure that's it though.

I see now that I need to make large dinners so I am not cooking all three meals of the day from scratch. I want to be able to heat up something for lunch most days of the week. Or cook for lunch and reheat for dinner. It will take time to get used to cooking and how things taste and how to use spices properly but it will happen eventually. I also see that my headache and inability to cure it made me eat one of this and that trying to make it better without going overboard.

Bring on Day #2, without the headache please.

No comments:

Post a Comment