Thursday, March 24, 2011

Whole30 Day 10 - Dinner

Soooo, I was on the phone with my husband when I plated my dinner and totally forgot to snap a picture of it. Sooo.... I don't have a nice pretty picture of my bowl of chili. I took a pic of the crock pot instead.



I got this recipe from Heide off the Whole30 comment section.


-four pounds of your favorite meat.
-five cans of Trader Joe's Organic fire roasted tomatoes and chiles (or you can use your favorite W30 compliant salsa which was what I used to do before I discovered these fantastic tomatoes.)
-one medium onion, diced and sauteed.

Now the spices (ground):
2 Tbs of: chili powder
1.5 Tbs of : cumin, paprika,
1Tbs of: granulated garlic
2 tsp of: black pepper, coriander
1 tsp of: salt
1/2 tsp of: celery seed
dash of: cinnamon

It was really good. Once I got over the absence of kidney beans and let myself stop missing them, I really liked it. I did put in a couple spoons of coconut milk (because I love my chili with sour cream in it). Next time I am going to try and make it with a leaner meat though. I know that full beef = full flavor, but I would like to cut back on the fat a bit. It was VERY filling. I ate 1 cup of it and I was nice and full after. This is my first tomato while on Whole30

It was so good I am freezing some and then I think tomorrow I will cook up that spaghetti squash I have on the counter and top it with chili!

Ok, so no more craziness. No more measuring food, calorie counting, no more. From here on out I am going to just eat food when I am hungry until I am not hungry anymore and let the chips fall where they may. I have to let go of some control and just let my body do its thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment