Thursday, March 24, 2011

Whole30 Day 10 - Breakfast




Two eggs fried in organic olive oil cooking spray. 1/2 cup raspberries, 1 small banana and some coconut flakes. The raspberries were too tart, too sweet so I didn't eat them all.

(I am going to start posting nutrition info if I can.)
Calories: 477
Carbs: 46
Fat: 25
Protein: 21

Now, I am 10 days into Whole30. They say not to weigh yourself for the whole 30 days but I have been. I am glad I have been. If I had not, I would never known I had stopped losing, gained a little back. Knowing that prompted me to really look at my diet and try to figure out why. If I didn't know that so far this week I gained .8 then lost .4 of that I would just keep going, doing what I was doing. Now that I see that I have lost lost any weight in 4 days, but gained weight, I think I see the problem. My friend Meg told me she thought I wasn't eating enough. I feel like I am eating a ton and was scared to add more calories. See, when you eat this quantity of food (bad food) it's WAY more calories than good food. So I was really worried I was going over my calories and that was what was causing me to not lose. In fact it is the opposite. I tracked my food for yesterday and I didn't even consume 1000 calories, which is 250+ under what I should be consuming. When you don't eat enough for many days in a row, your body thinks you are starving and holds onto everything it has. Soooo, that means I need to track my food for a few days to get the hang of what I need to be eating to get enough calories, fat and protein every day without going over/under.

Eating healthy is hard! When you are so used to eating high calorie foods, it is easy to get all the calories you need and then some. But healthy foods are low in calories, real healthy foods. (Not fake healthy foods like frozen dinners and lite breakfast sandwiches lol) So you really gotta know your stuff to make sure you are getting the nutrition you need.

BTW, I track my food at SparkPeople it's totally free and awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment