Sunday, April 10, 2011

Whole30 Day 27 - Breakfast


(Brennan seems to have broken my camera so pictures will probably come from my phone from now on.)

Two eggs fried in organic olive oil spray.

I think the hardest part so far as I get further into this, is reminding myself this is not a lifestyle. I could easily fall into this trap of eating this way forever. I can see myself already falling into this mindset that ____ food is BAD. I don't want to think that way. I want to choose to eat or not eat certain foods because they are better for my body or because I don't like the way they make me feel. Not because I have ingrained into my head they are bad/off limits. That is just setting me up for having a continued bad relationship with food on the opposite side of the spectrum than I came from. We've been taught by CW that lean meat is good, fat is bad. And while I am coming around to the fat area by using healthy oils and eating olives and more coconut, I keep forgetting that fatty meat IS NOT BAD FOR YOU. Bone-in meat IS NOT BAD FOR YOU. For example my dinner last night. I am used to buying boneless chops so that is what I got. They were flavorless and dry. As I was choking it down I vowed to next time buy bone-IN chops because I know they have more flavor. I have never been a huge fan of bone-in chicken though so that will be very hard for me, but I am willing to try. I was hoping to start dabbling in Primal when the 30 days is up but my book isn't here yet and I want to read it first. I know that butter is something I will be able to add back in, I can only imagine how delicious my fried eggs will be when I cook them in grass fed butter.

I am anxious to move past this phase of cleansing and onto the part where I figure out how we're going to eat for the rest of our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment