Friday, April 1, 2011

Random thoughts.

This feels like a religion. Seriously. I am only day 18 and I feel like I have already changed my life completely. I cannot see going back to eating the way I was ever again. I want to tell people, shout it from the rooftops.

I have been a member of sparkpeople.com for many years and I frequently browse the message boards to see if I can offer support to anyone. I see tons of people complaining about binge eating and failure and food addiction, asking for help. I want, so badly to just slather them all in Whole30 goodness, but I feel like... wrong.

Let me explain.. I am not religious at all and it bothers me a lot when people who are religious try to push their beliefs on me or just talk about Godly things to me or in reference to me. Certain people can get away with it because I love them and they are family and they don't go overboard. But anyway, what I am saying is, I feel like one of those people. If I tell these people the only way to get off the fat wagon is to drop the crap, will I be like a religion pusher? If I tell these people who are begging for help that they need to cut all that crap from their lives for at least 30 days and live clean so their body can detox and heal, am I in the wrong? Am I being a pusher?

I just don't know.

2 comments:

  1. A good way to do it is to just tell them "Hey, this has worked for me," and then give them the link to Whole30 or Mark's Daily Apple or a similar page. Tell them that if they have any questions, you'll be happy to answer, then just leave it at that. It has to be their decision to change their lives, but a little push never hurt. If they don't want to do it, they don't have to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally know what you mean. I actually can't read the Whole30 blogs because I can't stand their preachy tone. Sean said it well.

    I'm going through my own little...thing....just the same old, why am I doing this thing....

    ReplyDelete