Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Whole30 Day 22 - Dinner



Emergency protein and baked sweet potato! I found the idea for emergency protein from Nom Nom Paleo which is basically some meat and veggies cooked up and put in the fridge so you have some healthy quick protein always on hand.

I made my like this-
1 pound ground chicken
1 large cereal bowl of sliced kale
1 tsp garlic
1/2 cup onion
big handful of sliced mushrooms
2 TBSP avocado oil
1.5 TBSP Coconut Aminos (This is like soy sauce, but it's soy free and made form coconuts. It does not taste or smell like coconuts at all. If your grocery carries it, it will be by the asian foods/soy sauces.)

I heated the avocado oil over medium then added the onion and some garlic until tender then added the mushrooms and sauteed for a few minutes adding some S&P. I added the chicken and browned about 1/2 way before adding the coconut aminos and some more S&P. When the chicken was just about done I added the kale and sauteed until the kale was to the doneness I wanted. (Like wilted spinach)

This was delicious! I have never had kale before, it smelled (raw) like cauliflower. It tasted really good and is a great nutrient-dense vegetable!

No comments:

Post a Comment