Monday, April 4, 2011

Whole30 Day 21 - Dinner



Chicken soup!

Ingredients:
5 boneless skinless chicken breasts (I used 2 breasts and 1 pound of thighs)
3 containers of Trader Joe's Free Range Chicken Broth
1 large onion
2 cups chopped celery (the stocks that are darker green in color have more flavor)
1 cup baby carrots
garlic powder
pepper
dill weed

(I also added chopped mushrooms and some fresh spinach)

Process:
Rinse chicken breast and place in a large soup pot.
Chop whole onion into bite size pieces and place into soup pot.
Pour in chicken broth and season with garlic powder, pepper, and dill weed.
Turn burner onto medium and bring soup to a boil.
Reduce heat to simmer, cover and cook for 30 minutes.
After 30 minutes add in celery and baby carrots and cook for another 45 minutes to an hour.

Pretty good but I wish there had been measurements for the spices, I definitely put a little too much dill in. I couldn't taste it when I was eating it but now after my mouth tastes like dill lol But still, it was good and it made a lot so I will have plenty of leftovers!

No comments:

Post a Comment